Monday 14 December 2015

"My Sheep listen to My voice"


The popular beautiful saying about Faith is often:

" Faith is taking the first step without seeing the whole staircase "

As wise as that may sound, I like this other quote better: 

" Faith does not know where it is being led to, but it knows Who is leading" 
- Unknown

You can be brave enough to take that first step without seeing the whole staircase, but if it is out of your own will, strength and capabilities, soon enough you will find yourself having no more stairs to step forward to. 

Being convinced to take a step without seeing the whole staircase must be accompanied by a deep conviction that it is God who is leading you there. Once you are sure about this, not only a "staircase" that you can conquer, but you can even go to a completely foreign land without much clue let alone preparation, and still be prosperous there, just like Abraham. 

And the golden question comes in, How do we know whether is it God saying something to us or is it only our own wishful thinking? My brother once gave me a simple answer to this yet I think so far it is the best answer I have ever gotten. Can you differentiate your dad's (or mum's) voice from the others? Imagine you got separated from your dad (or mum) in a shopping mall and are looking for one another, and then you hear someone calling your name, aren't you able to recognise your parent's voice almost instinctively. It works the same with our Heavenly Father, when you have that Father - Child relationship with Him, you just know it when He speaks to you. 

John 10:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 

Be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment