Tuesday 13 December 2016

First year in Jakarta

Photo credit: http://www.akmanihotel.com/attraction.php?pages=attraction (via google)
Happy 1st anniversary to my blog! Even though I haven't posted anything in the past few months. Oops! But anyhow, it has been an interesting year for me. I started writing right after I moved back to Jakarta during my time of uncertainties, to uplift myself and boost my faith each time I feel down.

But truly God is good and He will not abandon His child. First few months of adaptation after being 11 years in Singapore, and finding out what I wanted to do here in Jakarta felt like I was in the ocean. I related a lot to Hillsong United's Oceans song where the lyrics say "You call me out upon the waters, the great unknown where feet may fail, and there I find you in the mystery. In oceans deep, my faith will stand," but I love how the song also declares hope when it continues on saying "Your grace abounds in deepest waters, Your sovereign hand will be my guide." 

I held on to His promise knowing that there is more in store for me in Jakarta, just that it hasn't been shown to me just yet. Well I'm not saying I have it all figured out now, but at least now I know where I am heading to (for those curious readers, I am working on my clothing line now). I realised that all I need is enough passion to keep me on track, continuing what I am doing; and a lot of grace to get me to my goal.

" Enough passion, a lot of Grace "


I didn't say the opposite (a lot of passion and enough grace) because I don't want to lean on my own strength and effort. And when the time comes for me to look back to these times of my small beginnings, I want to be able to say: It is truly and only by His grace that has gotten me this far.  I can't wait for that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment